The programme seeks to enhance the competencies of child and youth workers enabling them to deal effectively the issues of welfare, development, entrepreneurship and advocacy. It seeks to offer a practical component in working with children and youth.
Objectives of the Programme
- Analyse critically the contemporary issues that are vital to the welfare and development of children and youth;
- Acquire skills and capacities to empower children and youth;
- Apply entrepreneurial competencies and skills in youth managed enterprises as a way of facilitating employment;
- Develop child and youth rights and welfare programmes;
- Develop tools and create advocacy networks for policy recommendations that are child and youth friendly.
For admission to the Diploma Programmes, candidates must have completed secondary education in their country of origin with a minimum grade KCSE C (plain) or its equivalent.